EXCURSION TO SYMI FROM RHODES
Discover the colourful Symi Island and the historic monastery of Panormitis.
The island of Symi is among the most beautiful islands in the Aegean Sea. Take the chance to visit Symi with direct ferry excursions from Rhodes provided by Sea Dreams. The colourful traditional houses on the picturesqueharbour will greet you as you approach the shores of the island. The evocative atmosphere, the elegant architecture, the long naval history and the welcoming people of the island will make you part of this beautiful piece of land from the moment you set your foot on it.
Ferry boat from Rhodes to Symi
Visit first Gialos, with the neo-classical houses, from here you can go from the main staircase Kali Strata, also to the charming upper town Chora. After numerous steps, you can reach the medieval Castle. From here you are overlooking the port, the upper city and also the bay of Pedi. Discover also the gastronomy of Symi in one of the many taverns and try tasty local plates. Sea Dreams makes this memorable trip to Symi possible with daily ferry excursions from Rhodes.
Enjoy an entertaining and relaxing trip to the beautiful island of Symi, shop and taste the local flavours and enjoy a cruise to remember.
The Full Day Cruise to Symifrom Rhodes schedule:
- Bus transfer from your hotel to the Tourist Port of Rhodes.
- Greeting by an escort and boarding
- Departure time from Rhodes to Symiis at 09:00 the morning or Sundays at 10:00 the morning
- On arrival, meet with an escort who will give you all the details for your trip to Symi Island, the stops and tips to organize the day ahead.
- You can choose to follow our tour guide who will take you on a beautiful stroll around the alleys of Symi’s capital, will introduce you to the long tradition of sponge diving and processing, the museum and the churches of the island.
- Free time on Symi for shopping and lunch.
- Then we depart for the historic monastery of Panormitis to indulge into the beauty of this Aegean Sea’s corner.
- Boat departure from Panormitis is scheduled for 16:30
- Upon arrival to Rhodes, return transfer by coach to hotels
Learn More about Symi here